Last updated on 19 May 2022
If you want to meet someone in a particular place but don’t know the address or let others know your location when going to a new place, you’re probably wondering how to share your location on iPhone.
iPhone devices allow you to share your location through GPS, although you can’t do this all the time. Your phone can’t broadcast your location at all times because of privacy concerns, so you need to send it to a particular person.
Once you turn on your location settings, there are different ways to share your location on your iPhone. You can do so with the messages, contacts, Apple Maps, or Google Maps apps.
First, turn on the Location settings
The first thing you need to do is turn on your location on your iPhone. You need to enable the feature in Settings > Privacy > Location Services to do this.
You can also share your location with a particular person for a longer time by clicking on Share My Location. Plus, the Find My app on iPhone makes it easy to check where your friends and family members are too.
5 Methods to sharing your location on iPhone
1. Share location on iPhone with iMessage
- First, open the iMessage app and click on the contact you want to share your location with,
- Tap the top of the screen where the icon of the person is.
- Click on the (i) icon in a circle.
- Select Send My Current Location, and your location will be sent.
- If you’re going out and want to share your location to be safe, click on Share My Location. Select how long you want to share your location.
- Click Done.
2. Share location with the “Find My” app
- Go to the Find My app
- Go to People in the bottom left
- Press the + icon
- Share your location with someone
3. Share location using Whatsapp
- Open Whatsapp
- Press on a message
- Press the + icon in the bottom left
- Press Location
- Share your location
4. Send your location with the Contacts app
- Open the Contacts app.
- Click on the contact that you want to share your location.
- Select Share My Location and choose the timeframe.
5. Use Apple Maps to share location on iPhone
- Open the Apple Maps app.
- Select the blue dot that shows your location, or click on the arrow in the upper right corner to find your position.
- Click on Share My Location.
- Select the medium through which you want to share it and select the person.
6. Using Google Maps to share location
- Open the Google Maps app.
- Select the blue dot that shows your location, or put your position on the map with the arrow at the bottom-right corner.
- Select Share Your Location.
- Choose the timeframe for sharing your location up to three days.
- Click Select People.
- Select the contacts you want to share it with, either via email or phone number.
- Tap Share to send your location on your iPhone
It’s easy to share your location on an iPhone, whether you have data that’s confused about where you’re meeting or you’d like to stay safe while travelling, letting your loved ones know where you are. With these four methods, you can share your location on your iPhone. There are many other things you can do with helpful iPhone tips and tricks.