Last updated on 5 July 2022
Deleting your bookmarks can help you rid your Mac of the clutter and all the information that is no longer useful to you. While it’s not technically necessary, it’s always a good idea to delete bookmarks you no longer need, as it can help you better organize the content you want to access and find it much quicker.
Here’s how you can remove bookmarks on Mac:
- Launch Safari
- Go to Sidebar
- Click on the Bookmark icon
- Delete the bookmark
- Open Firefox
- Find Bookmarks
- Delete bookmarks
- Launch Chrome
- Find Bookmark Manager
- Find the Bookmark and delete
By the end of this article, you’ll be able to quickly and easily remove bookmarks from your Mac regardless of the type of browser you use. So, let’s do it together!
How To Remove Safari Bookmarks on Mac
1. Launch Safari
Finding and editing your bookmarks in Safari can be challenging because they’re tucked away in the Safari sidebar. To make changes to the bookmarks, you’ll have to run Safari on your Mac. Here’s how to get started:
- Open your Mac
- Locate the Dock
- Click on the Safari icon
If Safari doesn’t appear there, you can search it by typing Command + Spacebar, then searching for Safari.
2. Go to Sidebar
Your bookmarks are in the Safari sidebar, and you can edit all of them from that panel. Here’s how to find the sidebar:
- When you launch Safari, a new window should open.
- On the top left side of this window, you’ll see a Sidebar icon.
- Click on the Sidebar.
3. Click on the Bookmark Icon
Now that you are in the sidebar, you can access your bookmarks and edit or organize them there. Here’s how to find the bookmark icon:
- Find Bookmarks on the Sidebar.
- A list of all your bookmarks will appear.
4. Delete the Bookmark
Now that you can see your bookmarks, it’s time to customize and clean up. You can drag your bookmarks to organize them or delete them using the right-click menu. Here’s how to do it:
- Find the bookmark that you want to remove from the list.
- Right-click on it and then choose delete.
How To Remove Firefox Bookmarks on Mac
1. Open Firefox
So, to remove and organize your bookmarks on Firefox, you’ll have to start your computer, open up Firefox, and get the browser running. To do so:
- Open your Mac.
- Click on the Firefox icon on the dock to start your browser.
2. Find Bookmarks
Firefox stores bookmarks in a side panel where you’ll find other saved data and settings menus. Here’s how to find the menu where Firefox stores its bookmarks and how to open it up to reveal all of your saved pages:
- Once you click on the Firefox icon, a window will open.
- Click on the three lines that appear in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Choose Bookmarks on the menu that appears, and then choose Show All Bookmarks on the menu that drops down.
3. Delete Bookmarks
By clicking on ‘Show All Bookmarks’, you will open a window on the left side of the screen. On the left side of the window, you can choose the ‘Bookmarks Menu’, which will take you to a list of all your bookmarks. Locate the one you want to delete, right-click on it and select Delete from the menu.
How To Remove Chrome Bookmarks on Mac
1. Launch Chrome
So, you want to remove a bookmark from your Google Chrome browser. Luckily, it’s a piece of cake! First, you’ll need to open up Chrome. To get things running:
- Open your Mac.
- Open Chrome by clicking on the icon on your dock.
- Ensure that you are signed in to your Google account on the browser. You’ll find your login portal in the upper right corner of the window, right beside the three dots on the same line as your search bar. Click on the circle and log in if necessary.
2. Find the Bookmark Manager
Next, you’ll need to open up the bookmarks manager, which you can find in your browser’s settings menu (the three dots). This menu makes accessing your data, such as bookmarks, extensions, settings, downloads, and browser history, simple.
So, let’s open up the bookmarks manager:
- Click on the three dots located in the upper right part of the screen.
- Find the Bookmark option on the menu and choose Bookmark Manager from the menu that drops down.
3. Find the Bookmark and Delete
Next, locate the bookmark you wish to remove from your Chrome browser. Then you can delete it:
- After clicking on Bookmark Manager, a new tab will open with all your Bookmarks.
- Find the one you want to delete, go to the three dots beside the name, and choose delete.
You can alternatively delete the bookmarks by right-clicking and deleting them from the bookmark list.
If you want to organize all the information you store on your Mac’s browser, deleting all the unnecessary bookmarks is an excellent first step. It’s straightforward and will make it much easier to find the information you need.
On the most popular browsers, you only have to find your browser settings. Then, you can use the bookmark manager to edit and delete your bookmarks for a fully customized browsing experience.