Last updated on 14 May 2022
Every Apple device comes with a photo app that arranges your pictures and videos in albums. In the app, you can add and delete albums on your iPhone. Your albums organize these images and videos based on their source, dates, and locations. And you can even create albums to arrange your photos based on trips or purposes.
While making and using albums on iPhones is pretty simple, it becomes tricky when deleting these albums. It’s even more confusing when you have synced your phone with iTunes or iCloud, although albums that you created yourself are pretty easy to delete.
You might want to delete albums on your iPhone, iPad, or Macbook to declutter the device or save space. Regardless of the reason, you can follow the steps below to delete photo albums.
How to Delete Photo Albums on iPad & iPhone
You can easily add, arrange and delete albums on your Photos app. It also allows you to delete more than one album simultaneously. Also, keep in mind that it does not delete the images inside when you delete an album. The photos will remain in the Recents album and other albums.
Follow the steps below to delete photo albums on iPhone or iPad:
1. Open the Photos app on your iPhone or iPad
2. Click on the Albums category
3. Under “My Albums”, select “See All”
4. Click “Edit”
5. Press the red icon to delete an album
Confirm that you want to delete by clicking Delete Album. Then click on Done to exit the delete mode.
You can delete all albums besides Recent and Favorites. Once you’re done, you will notice that the album is no longer there.
You might find these iPhone tips and tricks helpful if you’re new to using iPhones.
How to delete synced pictures
If your photos are synced to iTunes, you will have to follow a different process to delete them. Follow the steps below to delete synced photos on your iPhone.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer and open the iTunes platform.
- On the left side of iTunes, you will see Devices. Select the name of your iPhone.
- Tap Photos on top of the centre panel. You will see the syncing options.
- Next to the Sync Photos From section, you will see a drop-down field.
- Select the source containing photos that you want to delete.
- Click on Selected Albums. The albums from the specific sources will be displayed below.
- Unselect the photo albums that you want to delete.
- Click on Apply.
Now, you can delete it directly from your Photos app.
How to delete albums on a MacBook
It’s straightforward to delete photo albums on your Mac. Follow these steps to do so:
- Open the Photos app and drop the My Albums folder down.
- You will see the folders that are on your Macbook.
- Right-click the album that you want to delete.
- Click on Delete Album.
- A pop-up will ask you to confirm whether you want to delete it.
- Click on Delete.
The album will be deleted even from your iCloud photo library, so you don’t have to go to iCloud to delete it. Like with the iPhone and iPad, this won’t delete your photos.