Last updated on 5 July 2022
Screenshots are a part of our daily social media routine and I believe that all of us screenshot several things every single day.
However, taking a screenshot is not something everyone is good at doing and it seems like there is still a large number of people who struggle with taking a screenshot on their iPhone device, whether they be younger or older people.
For that reason, we have decided to provide you with a short guide on how to screenshot on iPhone in just a few simple steps.
How to take a screenshot on modern iPhones
New versions of iPhones that have been released during the past 2 to 3 years don’t have a home button so screenshotting differs a lot from the same process you used to do on your previous phones.
This is how you can take a screenshot on your iPhone X, XR, XS, 11, 12, and 13 versions.
- Make sure you have opened the thing or page you want to screenshot
- At the same time press the Power button on the right side of your phone and the Volume button on your left side at the same time
- The screen should flash and after a few seconds you should receive a notification that a screenshot has successfully been taken
- Open your Photos folder and find your screenshot
How to take a screenshot in iPhone that has a home button
Older versions of iPhones all have a home button in the middle of your phone and screenshotting something is a lot easier with iPhones of these generations.
If you want to take a screenshot with an iPhone that has a home button, you will need to:
- Open the page you want to screenshot with your mobile device
- Click on your Home button for some period of time and the Power button on the right side of your phone simultaneously
- Wait until the screen flashes and you receive a notification in the lower left angle that your screenshot has been taken
- Open the screenshot in your Photos folder
Can I screenshot without having to press on anything?
If you are one of the people who absolutely despise pressing several buttons at the same time to create a decent screenshot, there are always some iOs options that can allow you to screenshot everything through them, without pressing anything.
iOS offers the Assistive Touch app that will allow you to screenshot whatever you want through it, avoiding any clicks or buttons.
All you will have to do is activate the Accessibility feature in the app and choose the easiest way for taking screenshots.
You will be able to screenshot something just by tapping two times on the Assistive touch button, so this is a very practical way to avoid all that clicking and pressing.
This app can be downloaded on iPhones of all versions, so no matter how old or new your mobile device may be, you will be able to install Assistive Touch easily.