Even though cookies are small, they can occupy a significant amount of storage in your iPhone. There are multiple ways to clear cookies on iPhone in your default Safari browser or the Chrome app.
Cookies on iPhone are essential in offering you a smooth and personalised web experience. For instance, if you visit any website and accept their respective cookies, they will help store your website data for future reference.
Subsequently, they will show you similar results or products the next time you visit the same website. They also make your sign-in experience much smoother by saving you plenty of time.
However, over time the stored cookies on iPhones through site data can lead to a slow responding web browsing experience or reduced storage space. As a result, it becomes necessary to clear cookies on iPhone through settings or browsing history.
How to Clear Safari Cookies on iPhone?
It’s relatively easy to clear browsing data or cookies on iPhone in safari settings. Here’s a step-by-step breakdown of how to go about this process.
- Open the “Settings app” on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and select “Safari”.
- Tap “Advanced” at the bottom of the “Safari” page.
- On the same page, tap “Website Data”. Here, you can see the size of the cookies for every website.
- If you wish to clear cookies of a specific website, you can tap “Edit”. After this, tap the red icon on the left of the website. To confirm, tap on the “Delete” button.
- Alternatively, select “Clear History and Website Data” if you want to clear all your cookies. To confirm, tap on “Clear History and Website Data”.
Note: Clearing cookies does not change your AutoFill information.
How to Clear Cookies on iPhone in the Google Chrome App?
If you’re using any browser on your iPhone other than the default Safari app, you must follow different steps to clear cookies. Here’s how you can clear cookies in the app by following these steps.
- Open the “Chrome App” on your iPhone.
- Once you’ve opened the app, tap on the “…” (three horizontal dots)menu icon at the screen’s lower right corner.
- Now, select “Settings” and then “Privacy”.
- Once you have done that, select “Clear Browsing Data”. This will lead you to where you can choose the type of data you want to delete or erase.
- Now, tap “Cookies, Site Data” and any other data you’d like to delete.
- To confirm, tap on the red “Clear Browsing Data” button.
How to Block Cookies on iPhone?
You can choose to block cookies altogether instead of clearing them. However, blocking cookies will slow down your overall web experience and may hinder how some websites function.
You also may be unable to open a few websites for the same reason. Plenty of websites these days require you to accept cookies before you’re able to access & browse the sites.
It can be a pain, so in most cases, we don’t recommend thoroughly blocking cookies unless you’re desperately trying to protect your privacy.
- Open the “Settings” app.
- Scroll down further and tap “Safari”.
- Now, you can turn on “Block All Cookies”. You can do this by sliding the button to the right. To confirm this action, tap on “Block All”.
Now that you’re aware of how to deal with cookies, you should be able to manage clearing them on your iPhone. Frequently removing your cookies will ensure you don’t run out of storage on your iPhone. Additionally, it can also provide a smooth web experience.