Getting calls from a hidden phone number can be frustrating and tiring, especially when they become recurrent, which is why most people decide to block no caller ID. Most of these calls are usually from telemarketers, salespeople, or spammers who may want to obtain your personal information or use it to get you to pick up their calls.
These calls can also come from people who prefer to hide their number when calling for privacy purposes. Whatever the reason, I think we can all agree that these kinds of calls can be very annoying.
This is the same way you might want to block websites on your iPhone. Luckily for you, this article outlines the steps needed to eliminate these calls.
If you’re interested, please check out our iPhone tips & tricks.
1. “Do Not Disturb” method to silence No Caller ID
The first way you can silence no caller ID calls is to activate your iPhone’s Do Not Disturb feature. You can follow the steps below to do so:
- Press on Settings.
- Press on Focus > Do Not Disturb menu.
- Enable Do Not Disturb.
The drawback to using this method is that it prevents all calls from coming through, both saved contacts and unsaved numbers. This means that you are likely to miss important calls from unsaved numbers.
2. Enable the “Silence Unknown Callers” settings
You can only do the following method on the newer versions of the iPhone, such as the 10, 11, 12 and 13, as it’s a new feature that arrived with iOS13.
All calls from unknown numbers will be directed straight to voicemail when this feature is activated. This means your phone will not ring, but you will be aware that a call came in as it would be logged in your calls.
It is very straightforward to Silence Unknown Callers on your iPhone; follow these steps:
- Press on Settings
- Scroll through the menu until you come across the Phone option; Press it
- Select the Silence Unknown Callers option, then activate it by clicking on the toggle. The toggle will turn green once activated.
After activating this method, you should know that if an unknown caller leaves a voicemail, you will receive a message notification.
3. Create a new contact called “No Caller ID” and block it
Another effective method is Creating a New Contact on your iPhone and naming the contact with no caller ID. Your iPhone will find it easier to block hidden numbers because you have created a contact that mimics them. You can follow the steps below to do this:
- From your home screen, click on the Phone app.
- Press on Contacts and select the + icon to create a new contact.
- For the contact’s name, enter No Caller ID.
- For the contact’s phone number, enter 000-000-0000.
- Press on Done to save the contact.
- Next, click on the contact’s profile and scroll down till you see a Block This Caller option.
- Press on Block Contact to confirm your choice. This way, your iPhone will classify all hidden and private numbers as blocked numbers, preventing your phone from ringing when a no caller ID call comes in.
There you have it; simple and straightforward steps to block no caller ID calls on your iPhone. You can follow the steps of any of these three methods to get rid of recurrent calls from hidden numbers.
- How To Turn Off Your Apple Watch Safely
- Why Won’t My AirPods Connect? 7 Quick Solutions
- How To Connect AirPods To Mac