If you want to print photos from iPhone, you no longer have to take your iPhone into a store to get them printed. Instead, you can do it from the comfort of your own home within minutes. Provided your phone is either fully updated or that you have a Macbook in the household that’s AirDrop compatible.
If you don’t fit these requirements then you will need a spare computer with iTunes installed so you can transfer the photos to your computer.
Two ways to print photos from iPhone:
- Share your chosen photos to your computer for printing.
- Print directly from your iPhone using AirPrint.
The rest of this article will look at these methods and provide you with simple instructions to print photos from iPhone.
1. Share Your Chosen Photos to Your Computer for Printing
If you have an older version of the iPhone or don’t have the latest updates, you may need to print your photos from your computer. This is one of the more traditional ways of printing photos, and if your printer isn’t AirPrint-enabled, you may have to use this option.
To do this, you’ll have to send your photos from your iPhone to your computer using Airdrop or email. Follow the steps below:
- Go to the Photos app on your iPhone. Scroll to your chosen photo and select the little box with an upwards arrow at the bottom left-hand corner of the screen. If you want to print more than one, choose the photos you want before continuing. You should be able to send an unlimited number.
2. Tap the Airdrop button to locate your device and send the photo. Your computer should appear in the available list. Ensure that Bluetooth is switched on if you can’t see your device on the list.
3. Head over to your laptop or computer and print directly from there. As long as your device and printer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, this should work perfectly.
This method is perfect if your printer isn’t compatible with AirPrint and will produce the same results.
2. Print Directly From Your iPhone Using AirPrint
There are two ways you can print photos from iPhone — using AirPrint or an app associated with your printer if it isn’t AirPrint compatible. However, most printers are compatible with AirPrint, especially newer printers, so this is the method I’ll focus on.
Follow the instructions below to print photos from iPhone using AirPrint:
- Turn on your printer and ensure it’s connected to the same Wi-Fi as your iPhone. Try to stay near your printer since this will speed up the process.
- Locate the printing option on your iPhone by going to your chosen photo and selecting the little box with an arrow at your screen’s bottom left-hand corner. A menu should pop up.
3. Scroll through the menu until you find the word “Print” or an icon that looks like a mini printer. Click on this icon.
4. Click the button at the top and select the printer. It should appear in a drop-down list if it’s Airprint-compatible.
5. Choose how many duplicates you’d like to print and adjust the size if you wish. Then, hit “Print” at the top right corner of the screen.
Use one of the above methods to print photos from iPhone. If you’re not sure whether your printer is compatible with AirPrint, you can either try to print or go to Apple Support to see if your printer is on the list of AirPrint-enabled printers.