iPhones’ high resolution and superior display features make viewing images, watching videos and playing games with one exciting, but their screen size may make the viewing experience less pleasurable. If you’ve ever wondered how you can mirror your iPhone to your TV, you can. With Apple’s screen mirroring feature, you can use your TV screen as a larger screen.
Many smart TVs come with Apple TV, which makes screen mirroring easy. However, you can still mirror your iPhone to a TV without Apple TV. Keep reading to find out the various ways you can do so.
Can I mirror my iPhone to my TV wirelessly?
Yes. You can mirror your iPhone to your TV wirelessly if your TV supports AirPlay 2. AirPlay is a wireless receiver that allows iPhone users to mirror videos, songs, and other content to a TV. AirPlay serves as a substitute for Apple TV as it allows you to mirror your iPhone to your TV without Apple TV using a WiFi network.
How can I mirror my iPhone to my TV without Apple TV?
You can explore several methods to mirror your iPhone to a TV without Apple TV. However, your TV and iPhone models will determine the most suitable method for you as some methods are only effective on certain TV or iPhone models. If you’re eager to get started right away, here are some ways you can mirror your iPhone to your TV without Apple TV.
Mirror your iPhone wirelessly to an Airplay 2-compatible TV.
You can mirror your iPhone wirelessly to your TV if your TV is Airplay 2-compatible. Popular smart TV brands such as the 2018 or later models of Samsung, Sony, LG, and Vizio smart TVs are usually AirPlay-compatible. However, you should check Apple’s list of AirPlay-Enabled TVs and devices to confirm if your TV is AirPlay-compatible.
If your TV is Airplay-compatible, follow the steps below to mirror your iPhone to your TV.
- Connect your iPhone and TV to the same WiFi network.
- Go to your iPhone Control Center by swiping down from the top right corner if you’re using an iPhone X or a later model, or swiping up from the bottom for earlier iPhone models.
- Select the overlapping rectangles in the Control Centre.
- Select Screen Mirroring.
- Select your TV from the list of devices. You will be able to see your iPhone screen on your TV.
- If you want to stop mirroring your screen, return to the Control Center and select Stop Mirroring
Mirror your iPhone to a TV with a wired adapter
If your TV is not AirPlay compatible, you can still mirror your iPhone to a TV with a wired adapter. To do so, you’ll need an HDMI cable and a lightning connector. You will also need a suitable adapter since Apple’s lightning connectors are not typically designed for output sharing. Alternatively, you can invest in an Apple AV Digital adapter, which features a lightning connector and an adapter.
If you have these accessories, you can easily mirror your iPhone to your TV using the steps below.
- Connect your lightning connector or AV Digital Adapter to your iPhone.
- Connect the HDMI cable to your TV.
- Plug the lightning connector and HDMI cable into the adapter.
- Switch to the right input source on your TV to see your mirrored iPhone screen.
Use a streaming device to mirror your iPhone to your TV
You can also mirror your iPhone to your TV with TV streaming devices like Amazon Fire TV, Google Chromecast, Roku TV and Nvidia Shield TV. However, you may need to use an app supported by your streaming device to mirror your iPhone to your TV.
What apps can I use to mirror my iPhone to my TV?
If you’re using a streaming device, you can use the streaming device’s app to mirror your iPhone to your TV. For instance, you can use Streamer for Chromecast, Screen Mirror for Chromecast and Google Home for screen mirroring with a Chromecast Streaming device. If you own a Roku streaming device, you can use the Mirror for Roku app. You can also look for other options that are compatible with your streaming device on Apple’s App Store.
How do I mirror my iPhone to my TV without WiFi?
If your iPhone is a 2012 model or later model and you have a 2nd or 4th generation Apple TV, you can mirror your iPhone to your TV without WiFi using peer-to-peer AirPlay. Here’s how to do so.
- Disconnect your iPhone from any WiFi network by going to Settings > Network > WiFi and selecting Forget Network.
- Disconnect your Apple TV from any network by selecting Forget Network for any connected Wi-Fi network displayed on your TV.
- Connect your iPhone to your Apple TV via Bluetooth to initiate the Peer-to-Peer connection of both devices.
- Turn on your Wi-Fi on your iPhone to use Peer-to-Peer Airplay.
- Go to your iPhone’s control centre and select Screen Mirroring.
- Select your Apple TV from the listed devices. If you need a password to complete the peering, the password will be displayed on your TV screen.
- Enter the password to activate screen mirroring using Peer-to-Peer Airplay
If you don’t have the required iPhone and Apple TV models for Peer-to-Peer Airplay, you can also mirror your iPhone to a TV without WiFi by using the wired adapter method above. Follow the steps above to mirror your iPhone to your TV without WiFi using a wired adapter
You don’t necessarily need Apple TV to view content from your iPhone on a larger screen like your TV. Apple’s screen mirroring feature can be activated through various methods, and you can explore the method best suited to your devices and accessories.
Fortunately, with the methods discussed in this article, you can enjoy viewing your iPhone content with or without Apple TV.
2 Simple Methods To Print Photos From iPhone With Ease
Easy Ways to Ping Your iPhone From Your Apple Watch
3 Easy Ways To Clear Cookies on iPhone
How To View Your WiFi Password on iPhone – 3 Easy Ways