Last updated on 5 July 2022
Everyone is different, and although many apps and websites started integrating dark mode because it is popular, not everyone likes to have it on their phone. Some people wonder how to turn on the dark mode on apps like Snapchat, while others want to turn off the dark mode on Google search.
The dark mode is available on the Google platform, whether on desktop or mobile, but it is a choice. There are multiple reasons why people like dark mode, especially eye strain. This quick guide will cover how to toggle the dark mode on both mobile and desktop.
Turn Off Dark Mode on Google on Mobile
You can follow these steps to disable dark mode on your Google Search, whether you’re using an iOS or Android device. Follow the steps below to turn the dark mode off.
- Open the Google Search and click on the hamburger menu in the top-left corner. This is identified by three lines laying perpendicular on top of each other.
- Click on Settings.
- It will open the Search Settings page. You will see Appearance.
- Select Light Theme.
- Click on Save.
- Then, it will inform you that your preferences have been saved. Select OK, and you’re good to go.
Turn off Dark Mode on the Desktop
These steps are for turning off dark mode on your Windows, Mac, Chromebook, or Linux computer. It’s pretty easy, and you can always turn it back. Plus, you can get the most out of your Mac with more tips like this.
- Open the web browser and click on Google.
- Select Settings in the bottom-right corner of the search website.
- Click on Search Settings.
- In the left sidebar, select Appearance.
- Then you will see the different options. Click on Light Theme.
- Select Save.
- When it informs you that your preferences have been saved, click OK.
You Can Always Change It Back
Although you might turn off dark mode now on Google Search, you might want to turn it back later. Follow the steps in this guide but select the Dark Theme instead. Easy peasy!