Seasoned users need around 10 minutes to get email from LinkedIn or find any other contact details on the platform. The thing is that they know working methods and tools for such a task. With the help of such techniques, you can get the needed info in an instant and devote more time to develop your photography business or another one.
1. Get the Email from LinkedIn Profile
The simplest way to get email from LinkedIn is to send a connection request to a person. Once he/she accepts your request and becomes your first-degree connection, you can easily look through his/her profile and find the info.As a rule, an email address is associated with the company the person works at. It includes a domain name that reflects the company’s branding.
- Click Contact Info in a user’s LinkedIn profile.
- If an email address is open, you’ll see it there.
- You can also uncover an email address in the profile bio or even a banner image. Check all places.
Although this method is super simple, you can encounter some challenges following the above-mentioned guide. For example, not all LinkedIn users include their email addresses on the profile page. Plus, it may take you too long to locate this data.
2. Send a Private Message to LinkedIn Profile
You can ask for an email address via private message. To increase your chances to get a response, make sure your profile has a professionally retouched photo, a proper headline, a summary, your relevant work and education experiences.
When your profile page is well-presented, do all possible to interest the person you are trying to get in touch with. Tell him/her more about your services and describe the benefits of cooperating with you. You can also check their interests and groups on LinkedIn and write a message with these details in mind. Make sure your message looks formal and has a structure of an email.
The only drawback of this approach is that people are reluctant to give their email addresses to strangers. So, don’t expect too much!
3. Use an Email Extractor Tool
You just need to add a Google Chrome extension to your browser, open the user’s LinkedIn profile, and use an extension.
- ContactOut. Provides access to contact details, including emails and phone numbers. You get 50 free credits and can enjoy lag-free operation.
- SalesQL. One of the most efficient instruments to identify personal and business email addresses. You can find email from LinkedIn profiles or search results. There is a free version available, but you have to put up with a credit limitation – only 100 credits/mo.
- Lusha Extension. It collects email addresses and phone numbers in LinkedIn profiles when you are on the platform. The bragging point of the extension is the highest hit and accuracy rates, so you can get lots of important info without jogging several tools. This refers to the job role, company revenue, employee size, company location, and more.
- Voila Norbert. You can get contacts of companies when your client is online. The process boils down to clicking a single button. You can export all details, add them to the custom-made lists, and contact people right from Norbert by using advanced tracking tools.
- UpLead. It is a B2B solution that allows users to verify emails in real-time and check whether they are ready for export or download. Apart from the email box address, you can also learn a phone number, industry name, location, job function, etc.
- Gem searches for the info on numerous email databases, so you always get relevant data. The extension appeals to users with email lookup and verification, CSV import & export, and synchronization with your Applicant Tracking System.
4. Use Google Extension to Export Email Addresses in Bulk
Those who want to get email from LinkedIn for lead generation and prospecting, have to delve into the process deeper. Fortunately, you can get details in a bulk.
- Use a job title, industry, company size or seniority as a basis for your search. There is a special LinkedIn Search function for this particular task.
- Use Skrapp (Chrome extension) to define people whose emails can be found automatically. You can add these contacts in a bulk and save them on the dashboard. Plus, you may export emails as a CSV file to open in Excel, or import to the CRM. A free version comes with a 150-address threshold per month.
5. Use LinkedIn Sales Navigator
This is a handy tool that extracts the name of the company from the person’s profile, so you can use it to get email from LinkedIn.
- Launch the search. Check carefully whether you use appropriate keywords to find the necessary people.
- You’ll see a name of a person and a company he/she works for.
- Employ the Google strategy below this heading or work with a LinkedIn extractor tool, e.g., Wiza.
This method seems really cool, but you have to spend money to use it. LinkedIn Sales Navigator has a price tag of $99.99/month. However, there are more expensive plans.
6. Activate Google Search
If you are in no way connected with a person on LinkedIn, it is almost impossible to get his/her email address. However, you can combine several techniques to collect this info.
- Write the name of an agency in Google to find a relevant website.
- Now, you can use the person’s name plus domain to find the email address. Your search might look like this: email@example.com.
- Alternatively, you can use the “site” search command. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org site:website.com.
- Once you have an email address, check whether it is legitimate via the verifier.
There are special apps aimed at identifying email addresses. For instance, you can enter a company domain name in Hunter and it will provide you with the most common email pattern associated with the company. It also displays all addresses it can find. Hunter has a free plan with 25 searches and 50 verifications a month.
A weak point of this method is that few people keep their email addresses in public access on the net.
7. Use the Export Connections Feature
If none of the above-mentioned techniques works for you, download your LinkedIn profile data. It includes your connections and their email addresses.
- Find the Me icon, click on it, and select Settings & Privacy.
- Click on Data privacy on the menu bar.
- Choose How LinkedIn uses your data in the dropdown menu.
- Click on Get a copy of your data.
- Pick Want something in particular? in the dropdown menu. Select the files you need.
- Tick Connections and press the Request Archive button.
- Once you enter a password, an email with a download link flies to your email box.
This method is very time-consuming if compared with using a LinkedIn email finder tool. Plus, you can get the info only about your first-degree LinkedIn contacts.
What’s more, this method doesn’t guarantee you get all emails of your first-degree contacts. The thing is that users on LinkedIn can choose whether or not to make their contacts visible to others.
How can I scrape an email on LinkedIn?
You may either manually export it or use a LinkedIn email finder. If you opt for the first variant, note that it works only with first-degree connections. Go to Data privacy settings, generate a report, and download it from the received email.
An email address doesn’t work – what should I do?
It is a common thing when a person gets the needed email address but it is no longer valid. Yet, you can change Chrome extensions since each of them has its own unique database. You can also try to manually catch the address via the website or drop prospects a message on social networks.
Am I violating the law when I try to find email from LinkedIn?
The process is completely legal. You can get such info only if a user keeps it visible to the audience. Email finders extract only publicly available email addresses.