If you manage a Shopify store, there may come a time when you need to find the product ID number for one of your products. The number is essential for many reasons, such as if you need to contact Shopify support about an issue with that particular product or linking something on the backend to that product.
Fortunately, finding the Shopify product ID number is a quick and easy process you can do in just a few steps.
To find the Shopify product ID number, log in to your Shopify account and click on “Products”. Next, click on the product from the list and check the set of numbers at the end of its URL. That is the product’s ID number.
This post will describe a step-by-step guide to finding the Shopify Product ID number. Follow the steps below, and you’ll be able to find the ID number in no time!
1. Log in to your Shopify account
The first step is to log in to your Shopify account.
Once you’re logged in, you’ll be taken to your Shopify dashboard. That’s the main control centre for your store, and it’s where you’ll go to manage all aspects of your business, such as:
- Adding products
- Setting up shipping and payment methods
- Seeing your store’s analytics
2. Go to “Products” & choose your product
Once you’re on your Shopify dashboard, finding the product ID number will be a breeze. Here’s how to do that:
- On the left side menu of your dashboard, you’ll see a tab that says “Products“. Click on that tab to go to the product section of your dashboard.
- From here, you’ll be taken to a page that contains all of your store’s products. To find the ID number for a specific product, simply click on that product from the list.
- Once you’re on the product page, look at the URL in your web browser’s address bar. The set of numbers at the end of that URL is the Product ID number you’re looking for.
Here’s a quick YouTube video that also shows you how to find the Shopify Product ID number:
And there you have it! Follow the three easy steps to find the Shopify Product ID number for any of your store’s products.
As you can see, this process is quick and easy and shouldn’t take more than a minute or two of your time.