Snapchat is a fantastic social media platform for communicating with others daily. Still, if you’re feeling burnt out and need to learn how to delete your Snapchat account, we explain exactly how you can do that in the article below.
Snapchat has charmed its millions of users with its top-notch selfie camera, fun filters and other cool features, which keep them entertained and glued to the platform.
If you’re wondering how your favourite celebrities spend their days or you’re itching to get some tea on them, you can usually find answers on Snapchat through their story subscription features.
You can follow your favourite celebrity or influencer and you’ll see their story updates on your Snapchat feed.
Snapchat can get overwhelming at times, especially compared to other social media platforms. So, we’re here to help you delete your Snapchat account whether it’s for just a small break or permanently.
How to delete your Snapchat Account
It takes just a few steps and about 60 days for your Snapchat account to be permanently deleted. The steps are different when deleting your account on an iOS device, Android device or a computer.
Follow the steps below to delete your Snapchat account on any device.
Deleting your Snapchat on iOS
- Launch the Snapchat App on your iOS device.
- Select your “Avatar” in the top-left corner of your profile page and then the “Settings icon” in the top-right corner.
- On your Settings page, scroll to “Account Actions“, locate and select the “Delete Account” option.
- Log in to your account with your username and password.
- Fill out your username and password on the next page and select “continue” to confirm your account deletion.
Deleting your account on Android OS
- Select your profile icon in the top-left corner of the Snapchat app.
- Select the “settings icon” from the top-right corner of your screen.
- In the settings menu, select “I Need Help“.
- Proceed to select “My Account & Security“.
- Select “Delete my account“.
5. Fill out your login credentials and select “Continue“.
Deleting your account on the web
Go to Snapchat on your browser and log in to your account.
Select “Delete My Account” to be redirected to the Account Deletion page.
Fill in your login credentials and click on “Continue“.
When will your Snapchat account be permanently deleted?
Snapchat gives you a grace period for recovering your account if you change your mind. Hence, your account will be temporarily deactivated for 30 days. At the expiration of the first 30 days, you get another 30 days, after which your account will be permanently deleted.
Will people know that you deleted your account?
Snapchat will not notify your friends or other users when you trigger the account deletion process. Also, your friends will not be able to see your updates, send messages or reach out to you in any other way while your account remains deactivated and when it becomes permanently deleted.
How to reactivate your Snapchat account
You can always reactivate your account by logging in with your username and password when your account is deactivated and not permanently deleted. However, you will not be able to log in with your email address until your account has been reactivated.
If you want to temporarily or permanently delete your Snapchat account, follow the steps in this article. However, keep an eye on the 30 days timeline for reactivating your account if you change your mind. Alternatively, you can always create a new account.