Keeping your computer clean and organized is essential if you’re working in DaVinci Resolve. One way to do that is by deleting the optimized media folders generated when you work on a project. But how do you delete optimized media in DaVinci Resolve?
As usual, we’ll be using the latest version of DaVinci Resolve 18.
To delete optimized media in DaVinci Resolve, go to Project Settings and the “Master Settings” tab. Under the “Working Folders” section, click on the “Cache Files Location” button. Click “Optimized Media” and right-click the files or folders you want to delete, then select “Delete”.
Keep reading to learn how to delete optimized media in DaVinci Resolve in a few easy steps.
How to delete optimized media in DaVinci Resolve: Step-by-step guide
1. Navigate to “Project Settings”
The first step in deleting optimized media from DaVinci Resolve is to open Project Settings. You can navigate to “Project Settings” by selecting the gear icon on the bottom-right side of the software.
Alternatively, you can go to “File” > “Project Settings“.
2. Select the “Master Settings” tab
Do the following once you’ve opened up the Project Settings window:
- Select the “Master Settings” tab in your window’s left-hand pane. That will open up a list of all your master settings for that particular project.
- Scroll down until you find the option titled “Working Folders“, and click on it. That will open up a new window with several options related to working folders.
3. Click “Cache Files Location”
The next step is to click on the option titled “Cache Files Location” at the bottom of this window.
When you click on it, a pop-up window will appear with several folders inside it. These folders contain all your optimized media files that are taking up space on your computer, so they need to be deleted to free up storage space.
4. Select and delete optimized media
The last step is to select the optimized media folders that take up too much space and delete them. Here’s how to do that:
- Navigate through the folders in the “Cache Files Location” and double-click “Optimized Media“.
- Select any folder you want to delete and right-click to open a menu.
- Click “Delete” (or press the Delete key) to remove the selected optimized media folder and free up some space on your computer.
The following video may come in handy if you need a guide on how to delete cached videos in DaVinci Resolve:
Caution: As a rule, always ensure you back up your work before deleting any files or folders. Deleting optimized media in DaVinci Resolve is a relatively simple process, but you should always take care to prevent any data loss or accidental file deletion.
Deleting optimized media from DaVinci Resolve is straightforward and only takes about four steps! All you need to do is follow these steps carefully, and within minutes, those extra files taking up space will be gone!
As usual, you can read more of our other DaVinci Resolve tutorials if you’re looking to learn more about DaVinci Resolve.