AirPods are cool, convenient, and an indispensable part of your everyday life. Most Apple iPhone users own a pair and thanks to Apple’s user-centric design, it’s a breeze to check your AirPods battery
This article will quickly and simply explain exactly how you can check your AirPods battery status in many ways.
How you can check your AirPods battery quickly
- Hold the Airpods case close to the device and open the lid.
- Wait for the pop-up of AirPods and case battery percentage.
- Take individual earpieces out to check the remaining battery.
Yes, it’s as easy as that. In case you’re wondering, the process is relatively simple on other Apple devices too. Keep reading this article to learn how to check your AirPods battery on different devices within the Apple ecosystem.
How To Check the AirPod Battery Status When It’s in Use
Even if you’re using the AirPods and it’s paired with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, it’s pretty straightforward to check the battery status of the earbuds.
Simply navigate to the “Widgets” screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. The “Batteries” widget will display the charge status of your AirPods.
Please note that if you’re wearing both earpieces, the widget will show you the charge status of the AirPods with the lower battery percentage. If you want to check your AirPods battery level remaining in both the earpieces, place one earbud in the case, and you can see the battery status of the left and right AirPods in addition to that of the case.
How To Check the AirPod Battery Status on Mac
It’s possible to check your AirPods battery percentage on Mac. All you need to do is ensure your earbuds are connected to your laptop.
Checking the battery status on Mac
- Click on the “Bluetooth icon” in the menu bar.
- Hover the cursor over the name of your AirPods, and you’ll be able to see the remaining battery life in both the earpieces.
- Place one earbud back in the case, and now you can check the charge status of the case besides both the AirPods.
If the AirPods are inside the case, open the lid, and this method will still work.
How To Check the AirPods Battery Status on Apple Watch
Many people don’t know this, but you can check the battery life of your AirPods on Apple Watch as well.
Checking the battery status with Apple Watch
- Ensure the AirPods are connected to your Apple Watch.
- Swipe up on the watch face to open the Control Center.
- Tap on the “battery icon“.
- Check the battery percentage of your AirPods below that of the watch.
- Place one earpiece back in the case and keep the lid open to check the charge remaining in both the AirPods and the case.
You can also check the light on your AirPods case to know the battery status. Green light means a full charge, while amber signals less than one full charge remaining.
Please note that when the earpieces are inside the case, the light indicates the charge status of the AirPods. When they’re not, the light shows the status of the case.
It’s possible to check the charge status of your AirPods on any Apple device, whether you have an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, or Mac. Just use one of the methods mentioned in this article, and you’ll be able to check the remaining battery life of your AirPods easily.