It’s happened to all of us. You take your AirPods out of the charging case, and one or both of the earbuds has a low battery. So you put them back in the case to charge and hope that they’re good to go for your next listening session.
But how do you know when they’re fully charged? Here’s a comprehensive guide on how to check AirPod’s battery.
How to check using the Charging Case
To check your AipPod’s battery level, place the case with the lid open on a flat surface, and the status light will show for a few seconds. The number of lights that are lit indicates how much charge is left.
One light means less than 25% battery, two lights mean 26-50% battery, three lights mean 51-75% battery, and four lights mean more than 76% battery.
If you see a green light, the case has more than 80% charge and is ready to use. If you see a red light, the case needs to be charged.
Check the battery life using your iPhone or iPad
Using your case
Checking the battery level of your AirPods is easy to do and only takes a moment. If you have an iPhone or iPad, simply open the case next to your device, and the battery level will appear on the screen.
If you want a more convenient way to check your AirPods battery level, you can add the Batteries widget to your Today View.
To do this:
- Go to Settings > Today > Edit
- Scroll down and tap the green plus sign next to Batteries
The Batteries widget will now appear in your Today View, and you can see the battery level of your AirPods by swiping right from the home screen or lock screen.
Try asking Siri
You can also ask Siri for your AirPods battery level by saying, “How much battery do my AirPods have?” With just a glance, you can easily keep tabs on your AirPods battery life and make sure they’re always ready to go when you are.
Check the battery life indicator on Mac
You can also check the battery level of your AirPods using a Mac. To do this:
- Open the AirPod’s charging case lid next to your Mac, and hold down the button on the back for a few seconds. The LED indicator will light up, showing how much battery power is remaining.
- You can also check the battery level by going to the AirPod settings on your MacBook. Simply click on the “i” icon next to your AirPods and click on “Battery“. This will show how much charge remains in each AirPod and the case itself.
Check the battery level on Android through a Third-Party App
There’s no built-in way to check AirPods battery level on Android, but there is a simple workaround.
Some third-party apps will allow you to check your AirPods’ battery level on Android. One of these apps is called AirDroid Battery App, and it’s available for free on the Google Play Store.
- Download the AirDroid app from the Store.
- Once the app is installed, open it and grant permission for it to access your AirPods.
- The app will then display your AirPods’ current battery life. You can also view historical data on your AirPods’ battery life in the app, which can be helpful for troubleshooting purposes.
- That’s all there is to it! With the AirDroid app, you’ll always know exactly how much juice your AirPods have left.
In conclusion, there are a few different ways to check the battery life of your AirPods. You can use the charging case directly from your iPhones and Ipad or through a third-party app.
With just a few minutes of your time, you can easily keep tabs on your AirPods battery life and ensure they’re always ready to go.