Instagram is a powerful visual social media. It’s only sensible to integrate it with e-commerce to help businesses thrive. Connecting your Shopify store to Instagram can help you gain more customers, increase brand awareness, and make online shopping more convenient than ever; the only question is – how do you go about it?
To add a Shopify store to an Instagram account, you need to check if Instagram supports the feature in your country. Then you can integrate your Instagram Business Account with your Facebook Business Page. Finally, you can establish the link between your Instagram account and Shopify store.
If you’re still confused, don’t fret about it. This article follows the steps to add your Shopify store to Instagram in detail. Keep reading to launch your online business straight away!
1. Evaluate your eligibility to connect Shopify to Instagram
There are specific requirements you need to fulfil before going ahead with adding your Shopify store to Instagram. Here’s a list:
- Check if the Instagram Shopping Feature is available in your country.
- Instagram has a few Commerce Eligibility Requirements for your products.
- Instagram Business Profile
- Secure a domain name for your business, which won’t be an issue if you already have a Shopify store.
Move on to the next step if you’re good with the checklist above.
2. Create an Instagram Business profile if you haven’t
An Instagram Business Profile brings numerous benefits you don’t want to miss out on if you’re upscaling your venture. Besides, before adding your Shopify store to Instagram, you must have a business profile.
If you don’t already have an Instagram Business Profile, follow these easy steps to switch to one right now:
- Go to your Instagram Profile.
- Go to the Menu by clicking the hamburger icon (three stacked horizontal lines).
- Then navigate to Settings > Account.
- Scroll to the bottom, find “Switch to a Professional Account,” and select it.
- You’ll see a slideshow describing the features of an Instagram Professional Account; keep clicking Continue to reach the end.
- Select your business domain.
- Click “Done.”
- Click “OK” for the final confirmation to switch to a Professional Account.
Congratulations, you’re getting along well! An Instagram Professional Account will help you sell products and provide an analytical account of your progress.
3. Create a Facebook Business Page
If you don’t already have a Facebook business page or shop, you’ll need to make one to launch your Shopify store on Instagram. Doing so allows you to tag your products, combine the power of both social media applications’ messaging features, advertise efficiently, and post simultaneously on both platforms.
Here are the steps to create your Facebook business page:
- Sign in to your Facebook
- Create a Facebook page here.
4. Integrate Instagram with your Facebook business page
Once your Facebook business page is approved and operable, it’s time to connect it to your Instagram account. Here are the steps to do it:
- Go to your Instagram profile.
- Select “Edit Profile“.
- Under Public Business Information, Select “Page“.
- Tap “Create Facebook Page” or “Connect an Existing Page“.
- Choose a Page from your Pages that you’d like to connect to or select Create a New Facebook Page.
- Tap “Done” after you’ve selected a Page or created a new Page.
You can see more information on integrating Instagram with your Facebook page here.
5. Add your Instagram/Facebook account to Shopify
Congratulations, you’ve made it to the final step: adding your Instagram Professional Account to Shopify. This is done through the Facebook sales channel app. Here’s a breakdown of how you have to do that:
- Sign in to your Shopify account.
- Add this Facebook sales channel to your store
- Follow the steps for signing in.
Here you will be able to connect your product catalogs:
- On your Instagram profile, go to the “Settings” menu.
- Under “Settings“, navigate to Business > Shopping.
- Select the product catalog that you want to add.
- Click “Done“.
At this point, Instagram will review your account before providing approval. After passing the review, you can use Instagram to put up shopping posts.
If you haven’t connected your Facebook page properly, you might not see the Shopping feature in your Instagram account. Another possibility is that your Facebook page is still under review or is unapproved for Instagram Shopping.
And it’s done! You’ve successfully set up Instagram Shopping through Shopify. Now you can post, tag linkable products and boost your business productivity like never before.
Video from Shopify
In the world of modern technology, it’s crucial to stay up to date. Shopify and Instagram integration will benefit you tremendously if you’ve decided to launch an e-commerce store for your business.
Adding a Shopify Store to Instagram is not a technologically-intensive task, and this article walked you through the 5 easy steps to do it. With the right marketing strategy, you can watch your business thrive!