Fonts are a crucial aspect that makes any design look impressive. And while DaVinci Resolve already has a good set of fonts, certain instances may require you to use other fonts, or maybe it’s just a preference. But how do you go about adding new fonts to DaVinci Resolve?
To add fonts to DaVinci Resolve, exit the program and download the font you prefer. Next, unzip and open the file within the newly extracted folder. There should be an Install option. Click it. Open DaVinci Resolve, open the inspector & browse the option font family. Your new font should appear here.
This post will explain how to add fonts to DaVinci Resolve in a few easy steps. Let’s get started!
800+ DaVinci Resolve Animated Elements
Over 800 drag & drop animations that work directly in DaVinci Resolve. Improve your video editing with professional video editing assets. No need to hire expensive animators & enhance your skills.
Get a secret 20% OFF using code TECKERS2 at checkout. Only $34
How to add fonts to DaVinci Resolve: Step-by-step
First, you need to have text located somewhere within your project. Preferably already placed in your timeline. You can learn how to do this quickly by following our step-by-step guide on how to add text to DaVinci Resolve.
1. Exit DaVinci Resolve
Before you begin, you must close DaVinci Resolve. This will ensure the process runs smoothly, so your fonts should be loaded correctly the next time you load DaVinci Resolve.
Ensure you save your project before you close DaVinci Resolve. You don’t want to lose any unsaved changes to your project!
2. Download your new font
Now that you’re out of DaVinci Resolve, it’s time to find the perfect font for your project. Here are the steps:
- Open Google Chrome or another web browser, type in Google Fonts in the search box, and then press Enter.
- Open Google Fonts by clicking the link. Here you select the font you want to use for your project.
- Click the sample text for the particular font you want to use.
- Once you have clicked on the sample text, there should be an option at the top of the page that says “Download Family“. Click on this button and wait for it to finish downloading. Afterward, you should be able to see it right below the window but as a .zip file with your chosen font inside of it.
Tip: If you don’t want to use Google Fonts as your font source, go to any of these other ones:
3. Unzip the folder and install your new font
Once you’ve downloaded the .zip file for your new font, follow these easy steps:
- Double-click the zip file to open it and display more information about that font.
- Click the “Install” button and wait for a few minutes.
- Close the zip file and go back to your desktop apps.
4. Reopen DaVinci Resolve and change the font
Now reopen DaVinci Resolve and follow these steps:
- Select the text in your timeline for which you want to change the font.
- Open Inspector in the top-right of the software.
- Find the option “Font Family“. Browse the drop-down list in this option and find your new font.
Adding fonts into DaVinci Resolve is easy to customize any project with unique typography styles. The process is easy whether you use Google Fonts or another font database. You can customize your project with the perfect font with just a few clicks.
Here’s a summary of the steps to follow:
- Exit DaVinci Resolve and download your new font.
- Unzip the folder and install the font.
- Reopen DaVinci Resolve and go to Inspector.
- Select your new font from the drop-down list under “Font Family” in the inspector.