Instagram’s “likes” count makes sharing content on the platform quite competitive and challenging. Luckily, you don’t have to battle with the likes phobia anymore if you’ve been wondering how to hide likes on Instagram. Instagram has rolled out a “Hide Like” feature that enables its users to hide the like count on all Instagram posts.
If you’re not interested in seeing the number of likes on your Instagram posts or other users’ posts, keep reading to find out how to hide likes on all Instagram posts and what happens if you do.
How to hide likes on your Instagram posts
With the Instagram “Hide Likes” feature, you can hide likes on your new or old posts. The processes for doing either is different but not complicated. Follow the instructions below to hide likes on your new and old posts.
Hiding likes on new posts
- Upload a photo, video, or reel as you’d usually do when creating a new post.
- Before sharing the post, select Advanced Settings at the bottom of the page.
- On the Advanced Settings Page, turn on the “Hide Like and View Counts on This Post” option.
- Return to your draft post and publish the post.
How to hide likes on old posts
- Click on the three dots at the top right of the old post.
- Click on “hide like count”.
How to hide likes on other Instagram users’ posts
If you don’t care to see the like count on other Instagram users’ posts, here’s a step-by-step guide for hiding the like count on other people’s posts.
- Click the three lines on the top right of your Instagram account.
- Click on Settings.
- Search for Posts in the Search Bar on the Settings page and select Posts when you see them.
- Turn on the “Hide Like and View Counts on This Post” option.
What happens if you hide likes on Instagram
If you hide likes on your Instagram post or all posts, you will not see the like count on the posts. Instead, you’ll only see an inscription that a user and others liked the post.
Can people see your likes if you hide them?
If you like posts of other users who have not enabled the “Hide Likes” feature on their account, they may still see your likes and the number of likes on their posts.
However, if they have enabled the “Hide Likes” feature for all posts on their Instagram account, they will not see your likes.
Hiding likes on Instagram can make browsing scrolling your Instagram feed more enjoyable and content-driven. You also get to share your content without any pressure of being judged based on the number of likes it gets.
If you’d want to key into the likes-free Instagram experience, feel free to eliminate the like count bias using the steps in this article.