How to prevent lost or stolen AirPods from being used and reset
What can you do if you lose your AirPods case?
How to find your AirPods & Airpods case
Follow all these steps if you are using the iCloud website (if you are using the Find my iPhone app, start with step 3):
Step 1 – Open iCloud.com
Open iCloud.com and log in to your account associated with your Airpods.
Step 2 – Click on “Find My” or if on iPhone, open the “Find My” app
Click on Find iPhone (launch the ‘Find my iPhone’ app). This feature will start the search process immediately.
Step 3 – “All Devices” > “Airpods”
- Click on the All Devices tab and select Airpods.
- If the search is successful, your Airpods will appear on the map.
- If online, they will appear as a green dot, meaning they are connected to your iPad or iPhone. The grey dot indicates they can’t be found. We’ll get to that later.
- If your AirPods are found (green dot), click on the dot.
- Next, click the button next to it. In this pop-up window, click Play Sound. This will trigger a loud sound from your Airpods. You can stop the sound playing or mute the left or right Airpod. Trust us; this feature is helpful if you have lost only one Airpod because you don’t want this sound to explode in your ear.