The number of entrepreneurs building online stores that sell digital products is increasing year by year. Many online business owners build their websites entirely around these intangible goods.
What makes these digital products so appealing is not only their ease of distribution, but also their ability to be created once and sold to multiple customers. You may have found yourself wanting to give customers the option to purchase digital products that are personalised towards their needs.
Fortunately, delivering personalised files to customers in Shopify has never been easier. Whether you are just starting out, or are a more experienced Shopify store owner, I will outline how you can expand your product offering further and deliver personalised files to your customers in Shopify.
I have personally found myself in the situation where I need to create processes for business owners to be able to sell personalised files to customers online. I wanted to find a way where I could upload and deliver these files directly through their website. This was not only to enhance efficiency, but also professionalism.
I came across a simple solution when using the Downloadable Digital Assets app on Shopify. The app has a feature that allows users to deliver personalised files to customers directly through their Shopify stores.
In this article, I will be discussing an easy and efficient way to deliver personalised files to customers on Shopify using the Downloadable Digital Assets app.
Types of personalised files that can be delivered in Shopify
Firstly, let’s look at examples of what types of personalised files you can sell on Shopify. These can be any intangible asset that can be sold online. Many online business owners will sell personalised files in the form of educational content for their customers. For example, an online fitness coach will have a base template for nutritional plans but will customise each one based on individual factors, such as their client’s weight, goals and dietary requirements.
Other examples of personalised files include:
- PDF files
- Graphics and digital art
- Any other form of media file
How to deliver personalised files to customers in Shopify
Next, I will outline how you can begin selling you personalised assets to your customers directly through your Shopify store. The best and most efficient way to do this is through the Downloadable Digital Assets app. To begin, you will need to install the Digital Assets app:
- From your Shopify admin, navigate to Apps.
- Click Visit Shopify App Store.
- Search for ‘Downloadable Digital Assets‘ app in the search bar and click Add App.
- Click Install app.
Once you have installed the app, you can begin delivering personalised files to customers after they have made an order. Once you know the customer’s specific needs and what they require to be customised, you can attach the personalised file. Doing this is simple and does not require you to have a technological background or experience.
Using the Digital Assets app to send personalised files
- Open the Downloadable Digital Assets app.
- Go to ‘Assets’ in the menu bar.
- Upload your personalised asset(s).
- Following this, you can then navigate to the ‘Orders’ page.
- Go to the customer’s order and click the button ‘Attach additional assets’.
After you have followed these steps, you are able to attach personalised files to any order.
How will the files be delivered?
Furthermore, the app allows you to sell any type of digital asset, including photos, audio, software, e-books and podcasts. There is also no limit on the size of the file you upload (within your chosen plan limit). The app delivers personalised digital files in three methods:
- An email that contains the download link(s) for the file(s).
- The download link(s) appear on the ‘Thank You’ page following purchase.
- The app adds the download link(s) to the customer account ‘Order’ page.
Therefore, store owners can manually have a ‘Send Email’ button once they have attached the customers personalised asset(s) to the order. With regards to customer’s account, the personalised asset(s) will automatically appear in their account once the store owner has attached them. This allows your customers to receive their digital files instantly.
Additional Benefits of the Digital Assets File Delivery app
In addition to the capabilities of delivering personalised files to customers in Shopify, the Downloadable Digital Assets app has features to help sell digital products to your customers safely and easily.
- The app is integrated with Shopify’s fraud system. This allows you to prevent your Shopify store from sending the download when it flags an order as high or medium risk.
- The app allows you to easily migrate all previous orders from other Digital Download apps, creating a smooth transition.
- Automatic delivery of secure download links to customers.
- No limit on file size- upload any file within your plan limit.
- Fast and reliable app that will not slow down your store.
- Easy to use with automated features to enhance efficiency.
- Trusted customer service and direct contact with the app developers.
- Depending on the plan you select, you can have storage of up to 30GB.
Click here to find out more information about the app, its features and plan options.
In this article, I have discussed the types of personalised files you can sell on Shopify and how to deliver them to your customers. Being able to provide personalised files to your customers can help to enhance your sales and overall customer satisfaction.
To get the most out of it, you should use an app to make the process easy, safe and efficient for both you and your customers. Whether you are a beginner or an advanced developer, I would highly recommend using the Digital Assets app. This easy to use app will deliver safe file download links directly to your customers.