Are you tired of using Spotify, or have you found a much better music app? Then you should be thinking of deleting your Spotify account. Being recognized as one of the world’s leading music streaming apps, Spotify offers both paid and free access to countless songs.
However, if for some reason, you decide to delete your Spotify account, then this article is for you.
How to delete your Spotify account
Deleting your Spotify account is quite an easy task to embark on but can seem annoying. Here are a few steps for you to delete it permanently.
- Open a web browser and visit the Spotify account setting page.
- Log into your account.
- On the account setting page, select “Closing Your Account”.
- You’ll need to cancel your subscription before proceeding if it’s a premium account.
- After cancelling your subscription, or if it’s a free Spotify account, click on “Close Your Account”.
- Click the “Close Account” button when it asks if you are sure that you want to delete your account.
- Verify it’s the correct account and click “Continue”.
- Click the “I Understand” box and “Continue” after reading the short note.
- Check your mail, as you will receive an email from Spotify. Click the “Close My Account”.
- Spotify will close your account.
Ready to get rid of your Spotify account?
It’s important to note that you cannot delete your Spotify account via mobile or PC app but through the web browser. Also, once it is deleted, one has a window period of 7 days to reactivate the account, after which all contents, including playlist, search history as well as favourite songs, are permanently deleted.
How to cancel your premium Spotify subscription
Amazingly, only users with free Spotify accounts can delete them freely. Users who subscribe to Premium should ensure they unsubscribe before deleting.
Here is a quick step on how to cancel your Spotify premium subscription:
- Sign in to your Spotify account.
- Select “Subscription” from the menu.
- Click on “Your Plan”.
- Select change plan under “Your plan”.
- Navigate to “Spotify free” and click on “Cancel Premium”.
- Spotify will then ask if you are sure. Click “Yes” to finalize the unsubscribing.
Finally, deleting your Spotify account isn’t difficult, nor is cancelling your premium subscription. If doing any of the two seems complicated, following the steps mentioned above would simplify this process.
However, if you aren’t too sure of which to do, cancelling your premium subscription is stress-free as you can restart it anytime and still gain access to your search history, playlist, and favourite songs.