After shooting multiple videos on your iPhone, you might want to combine these clips into one single video. There are so many ways you can do this. All you need to do is download the app of your choice (both are listed below) and follow the steps to merge your videos.
How to combine videos on your iPhone using the iMovie app
Unlike taking a screenshot on your iPhone, combining videos requires special apps. One way to combine videos on your iPhone is by installing Apple’s free video editing app – iMovie. Through this app, you can edit different clips, add audio to your video, merge different videos, crop your edits, etc. Once you have installed the iMovie app, Launch It from its location on your iPhone.
Combining videos with the iMovie app
- The first thing you should see is welcome to the iMovie screen; click Continue.
- On the homepage, click on the “+” Icon or Create Project to edit a new video.
- Click on Movie to combine different videos.
- Clicking on ‘movie’ will bring out all of your recent videos and pictures—select Media at the top left corner of your screen.
- After selecting the above option, click on Videos. This will bring up all the video folders on your phone. You can now choose the folder that contains the videos you want to edit.
- Select all the videos you want to edit by clicking on the Tick icon. Once you click on the checkbox, they will be added to your project.
- Once you are done selecting all the clips you want to combine, click on Create Movie, situated at the bottom of your screen.
- You will be taken to the My Movie screen, where you can watch the preview of all the combined videos.
- You can also add transitions between each video clip by clicking on the Cut Point, which you can find by scrolling left or right.
- Once you are done with all edits and transitions, select Done at the top left corner of your screen. Clicking on this will save your work.
- Lastly, you can click on Share at the bottom of your screen to send your video to whoever you want and wherever you like.
How to combine videos on your iPhone using the Video Mixer app
This app is perfect for combining two video clips on all iOS devices like your iPhone, iPad, and MacBook. It is pretty straightforward to operate after downloading it from the Apple store.
Combining videos with the Video Mixer app
- Once downloaded, Launch the Video Mixer App from your homepage.
- Tap on the option that says Create A New Project.
- Select the Output Video Type of your choice; you have access to portrait (free), landscape (has ads), and square (has ads).
- Click on the Plus (+) icon to add your first video; once added, click on the plus icon again to add your second video.
- Once you add both videos, click on the Square Icon with an Upward Arrow to merge your videos and save them.
- You will find your merged video saved in your gallery.
Combining videos is not a difficult task providing you know the right apps to use and the different steps to take. Download any of the apps above and follow the steps; you will become a pro in no time.